Ambassador Hotel Terms & Conditions
These are the terms and conditions that apply when you reserve a room at Ambassador Hotel using one of our digital channels (such as our website, mobile site, third party booking site or phone).
You will be asked to confirm your acceptance of these terms and conditions when you make a reservation and on check-in.
We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and you should therefore check them each time you make a reservation. The terms and conditions applying to your reservation will be those in place on the date that you make your reservation.
Additional terms apply to your use of our digital channels whether or not you make a reservation through them. These are published on the relevant digital channel.
To reserve your room please follow the instructions on the website or mobile site (as applicable).
You must be at least 16 years old to make a reservation.
You will need to provide your credit or debit card details to secure your reservation. Ambassador Hotel accepts Visa and MasterCard to secure a reservation.
Please check that the details of your reservation are complete and accurate before you confirm your reservation. We will not be liable for any delay or non-performance if you provide us with incorrect information.
We will confirm our acceptance of your reservation by sending you an email to the email address that you provide during the reservation process. The contract between us for the provision of your room and any additional services added to your reservation will be formed when you receive this email confirmation from us.
If you think that there is a mistake in your reservation or if you require any changes to a confirmed reservation, please contact us to discuss.
1.3 Group Reservations
A reservation of ten rooms or more is usually considered a group booking within Ambassador Hotel however, as indicated in our hotel descriptions.
The Ambassador Hotel will add together the total of the whole booking and divide it by how many rooms for a total amount payable.
If you wish to make a group booking, please call for Group Reservations on 01723 362841.
1.4 Room Prices
Ambassador Hotel adopts dynamic pricing and the price of our rooms fluctuates based on demand. When you make a reservation request, we’ll give you a total price for the rooms and number of nights you’ve requested. The price you pay is the price quoted to you at the time you make your reservation.
Room prices are per room, per night and are inclusive of VAT at the applicable rate at the time of your reservation. If the rate of VAT changes between the date of your reservation and the date of your stay, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the reservation in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
You may pay for selected extras at the same time as selecting extras.
The maximum room occupancy is two adults for Doubles and Twins. Family rooms (where available) can accommodate two adults and two children (under the age of 16). You must not exceed the maximum occupancy for the room allocated to you.
Children under 16 are not permitted to stay in the Ambassador Hotel unless a parent or guardian is also staying in the hotel.
Ambassador Hotel is specially adapted for customers with disabilities. For more information contact us.
1.7 Special requests
Although Ambassador Hotel will strive to accommodate special requests, all requests & rooms are subject to availability.
Additional extras to what is included in the room rate, are not included in the room price.
You may add extras (where available) when you make your reservation.
1.9 Paying for your room
All rooms must be paid for in full on arrival.
If you have not paid for your room and any extras added to your booking in full at the time you make your reservation, you will need to pay on arrival prior to being given hotel access.
Payment may be made by cash, credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, Maestro and Electron) Vouchers (for accommodation stays only). The expiry date of your debit/credit card must be later than the end of your stay. We do not accept personal cheques or family discount cards.
Rooms may be paid for by business cheque, however Ambassador Hotel must receive all business cheques at least three weeks before the arrival date.
Vouchers will not be accepted as payment for discounted rooms. We do not give change from Vouchers and Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other product not listed. The Voucher terms and conditions apply.
Your right to cancel
Rooms may be cancelled before 72 hours prior to the arrival date. If you cancel your reservation 72 hours before the day of arrival and have paid for the room in advance by debit/credit card, a full refund will be processed to the same debit/credit card normally before 9am the next working day though it may take a few days for the funds to reach your account. A cancellation reference will be given and should be retained as proof of cancellation.
If you cancel a reservation under 72 hours on the day of arrival and have not already paid for the room in advance you will be charged a cancellation charge equivalent to one night’s accommodation per room booked and for any extras, bookings and other extras booked for the first day of your stay. A cancellation reference will be given and should be retained as proof of cancellation.
As a good will gesture we have the option of holding your deposit for 1 month where you can stay with us on an alternative date. If you fail to book another stay with us within the 1 month sadly your deposit will be lost. Any difference in price must be paid for prior to arrival. Deposits are non-transferable.
If you decide to shorten your stay you must inform reception at the Ambassador Hotel that you are staying in by 12 noon on the day you wish to check out. Otherwise you will be charged a cancellation charge equivalent to one night’s accommodation per room booked and for any extras, bookings and other extras booked for the following day.
The first night of any booking made after 1pm on the day of arrival and the cost of any extras, bookings and other extras booked for the following day is non-refundable.
Because some rooms are made available at a discounted rate, these rooms and any extras, bookings or other extras booked with them cannot be cancelled, amended or refunded.
You may wish to take out room cancellation insurance in case you need to cancel your reservation.
You are not entitled to cancel or withdraw from your reservation under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
Our right to cancel
We may cancel your reservation at any time with immediate effect by giving you written notice (which includes email) if:
- you do not pay us when you are required to do so; or
- you break the contract between us in any other material way.
If we cancel your reservation where you are at fault, we reserve our legal rights in respect of your breach of contract.
Events outside our control
We may also cancel your reservation if an event outside of our control (including industrial action, explosion, fire, flooding, and failure of power and/or water supplies or emergency evacuation) means that we are unable to make your room available to you. In this case we will contact you to let you know as soon as possible and:
- if you have already paid for your room, we will refund your payment to you; or
- if you have not yet paid for your room, you will not have to make any payment to us.
Save as set out above, we will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations that is caused by an event outside of our control.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
1.11 On-Street Parking
We do not accept responsibility for loss, damage or penalty charges.
If for some unfortunate reason you need to make a request for a refund this must be done so direct with the hotel by telephone or email with a full description or the reason why you wish to make the claim. This will be investigated by management and you will be made aware of the outcome once the investigation is complete.
Process for making a claim
Claims must be made within 7 days of the end of the stay to which your claim relates.
To make a claim you must contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Guest Relations on a href=”tel:01723 362841″>01723 362841. If your room was booked as part of a group booking, the person who made the booking on behalf of the group must make the claim. If you room was booked through a tour operator, you must make your claim to the tour operator.
You will need to provide details of the room in which you stayed, the dates of your stay, the nights for which you wish to claim a refund and the reason(s) why you did not have a great night’s sleep on each of those nights.
Refunds will be made to the card you used when you paid for your room and are usually processed within 7 days. You will be asked to confirm receipt of your refund.
- This does not apply where you do not have a great night’s sleep due to circumstances that are beyond our reasonable control as hoteliers such as extreme weather conditions, fire, flood, lightning, earthquake, explosion, terrorism, war, civil disorder, epidemics, embargoes, labour disputes and power cuts.
- You may not claim if you have breached the terms and conditions applying to your booking for example by causing damage to our or to other guests property or by being abusive to our staff or to other guests during your stay.
- We reserve the right to reject claims made by individuals who are being abrasive by making excessive claims. If an individual or any of the guests within their booking claims a refund for more than 50% of their stay on more than two occasions in any 12 month period, such claims will be deemed excessive save where we are satisfied that there is a good reason for the claims.
- No refund will be given to anyone who has taken to social media to slander the business or to bad mouth the hotel in any way.
1.13 Arrival and departure
Rooms are available from 3pm on the arrival date unless you have made a request for an early check-in, in which case you will be able to check in from 12 noon. Please let us know if you are likely to arrive after 11pm.
Guests will be asked to provide proof of booking whether it be an email, printed or booking number.
Rooms must be vacated by 10:30am on the day of departure unless you have requested an extended check-out, in which case rooms must be vacated by 12 noon. Failure to leave your room by this time may result in a late check-out charge.
1.14 Ambassador Hotel expectations of you (and your group)
You must not:
- Smoke anywhere inside anywhere in the premises. This includes the smoking of e-cigarettes. Permitted smoking areas will be identified on site. Smoking in the Ambassador Hotel premises outside of the designated smoking area will result in a £100 fine;
- bring any pets onto Ambassador Hotel premises, with the exception of assistance dogs;
- bring any potentially dangerous or hazardous materials or equipment onto Ambassador Hotel premises;
- use any electrical appliances that may set off the fire alarm system, such as toasters, mini cookers or portable grills;
- tamper with any fire alarms or emergency equipment;
- remove, damage or destroy any Ambassador Hotel property;
- use any of the technology provided by Ambassador Hotel to download or access any unlawful or obscene material; or
- cause unreasonable disturbance to our other guests or any Ambassador Hotel staff.
- If you or your group cause damage or loss of any kind to the hotel, other guests or their property, you (as the person making the booking) will be responsible for that damage or loss and you shall be liable to pay to Ambassador Hotel on demand the amount required to make good or remedy such damage or loss.
You and the members of your group must not resell or transfer your reservation (or any part of it) nor advertise, market or otherwise offer any Ambassador Hotel room for sale either on its own or as part of a combined offer. Ambassador Hotel will not honour any reservations made in this way and does not accept any liability for doing so. If you are a Tour Operator and wish to book rooms at Ambassador Hotel you should contact email@example.com.
If you or your group cause damage to the hotel, other guests or their property, or otherwise breach any of these terms and conditions, Ambassador Hotel reserves the right to:
- cancel your reservation with immediate effect and (if appropriate) eject you from Ambassador Hotel premises;
- retain all sums paid by you and/or charge you the full amount of your reservation; and/or
- refuse future reservations from you and/or refuse you entry or accommodation at any of our hotels.
Ambassador Hotel will not be liable for any refund or compensation in such circumstances.
This contract formed when we confirm your reservation is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties Act) 1999 or otherwise.
If you are a non-business customer you have certain rights under consumer protection legislation. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to affect those rights.
We accept liability for death and personal injury arising from our negligence or that of our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation by us or our employees or agents.
We do not accept liability for failure to meet any of our obligations where such failure is due to events beyond our reasonable control.
If we breach these terms and conditions for reasons within our control we shall only be liable for losses that are direct losses and a reasonably foreseeable consequence of such breach.
We shall not be liable whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or for breach of statutory duty, or in any other way, for any indirect or consequential losses including:
- loss of income, sales or revenue;
- loss of business;
- business interruption;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of reputation and/or goodwill; or
- wasted management or office time.
Where we are liable to you (save as prohibited by applicable law) our maximum liability to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or for breach of statutory duty shall in no event exceed the price of your reservation unless the Hotel Proprietor’s Act 1956 applies, in which case our liability will be limited to the maximum prescribed under that Act.
These terms and conditions, their subject matter and formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
If you are a consumer you and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, your reservation and/or stay at Ambassador Hotel. We retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these terms and conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country. If you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you are making a business reservation, you and we agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to your reservation and/or stay at Ambassador Hotel.
Swimming Pool Area
1. For reasons of health and hygiene you must:
- a. follow the instructions and information signs around the pool area;
- b. always shower before entering the sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi or Swimming Pool;
- c. not consume or store, or bring into the changing rooms or swimming pool area, any food or drink or any kind of GLASS container;
- d. Not dry clothing or towels in the sauna. This constitutes a serious fire hazard.
- e. We reserve the right to close the pool at at any time.
2. You must:
- a. wear long hair up, or in a swimming cap, whilst in the swimming pool;
- b. not run around, jump or dive into the swimming pool;
- c. comply with any swimming direction posted in the swimming pool area;
- d. and wear conventional swimming costumes only.
3. No balls, floats or inflatables are permitted in the swimming pool area, unless provided.
4. The swimming pool area will be reserved for adult’s only at times set by the company.
5. Heads should never be submerged in the Jacuzzi.
6. You may not use the saunas, steam rooms or Jacuzzi whilst under the influence of alcohol or anticoagulant, antihistamines, beta-blockers, narcotics, or tranquillisers. If you have high or low blood pressure, heart disease, cardiac irregularities, asthma and/or diabetes and if you are pregnant you should consult your doctor prior to using our Club facilities.
7. You should use the steam room, sauna, swimming pool and Jacuzzi (where applicable) in moderation and under medical advice.
8. When using the unisex steam room and/or sauna, you are requested to wear swimming attire.
Health & Safety
9. You must use the main entrance to the when entering or leaving.
10. Fire exits, which are clearly marked, are there in the interests of safety and you must not interfere with fire doors for any reason.
11. You must read the health & safety notices posted outside any equipment or facility in the Spa and comply with their recommendations.
Children – General
12. Children aged up to 18 must be under direct adult supervision at all times.
13. Children may only be brought into the Spa if accompanied by their Parent or legal guardian or any other person who has been registered with us as someone who may bring the Child Member into the and take responsibility for them.
14. Children Opening times (where applicable) are posted within the hotel and may vary on occasion. A Member may be asked to remove his/her child from the, if, in the opinion of management, the child is upset, ill, or is causing problems for guests or staff.
15. Children aged up to 8 may change in either sex change room, under supervision. Children aged 9-18 years must change in designated areas under supervision in the changing room of their own sex.
Swimming Pool Area
16. Children aged up to 18 may not use the Jacuzzi and sauna or steam facilities.
- a. Where children are allowed to use the swimming pool the following rules apply:
- b. Children must be accompanied by an adult (maximum two (2) children per adult);
- c. The adult must accompany children into the pool area and must remain there as they remain responsible for the child’s / children’s behaviour and safety
If any part of these terms and conditions is deemed invalid, illegal or for any reason unenforceable then that part will be deemed deleted and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining parts. Any failure by us to enforce our rights or remedies under these terms and conditions or otherwise shall not be construed as a waiver by us of those or any other rights or remedies.
All rights not expressly granted in these terms and conditions are reserved.
If you wish to share anything about your Hotel & experience with us, then we’d love to hear from you. Either complete a guest comment card during your stay, leave a review on our tablet at the Hotel reception, or write to us.
Please include full details of your stay with your booking reference. Any relevant changes to terms & conditions will be communicated at time of booking.